上海夜网KY

Hector says sorry

first_imgPHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania:MICHAEL HECTOR has apologised to his teammates after two horrendous mistakes by the central defender led to two Mexican goals during Sunday’s Gold Cup final.Hector was at fault when Mexico scored twice in the first 16 minutes of the second half, as they went on to win the match 3-1 against Jamaica.”We’re disappointed, obviously,” he said after the match. “We felt that we played well … so I’m gutted for the players. I said to the players in the dressing room I’m sorry for the mistakes that caused the goals, that they didn’t deserve this, in a final especially.”As Hector’s teammates filed off during the presentation ceremony, the tall 23-year-old stood and watched Mexico celebrate as they lifted an unprecedented seventh title in the 13 competitions contested. The United States have won five and Canada once.FEELTHEPAIN”I wanted to watch them lift the trophy to make me realise what I’ve done and never to be in that situation again … that’s why I stayed out there and watched them lift the trophy,” Hector explained. “I don’t want to be in that situation again, I wanted to feel the pain of losing the final.”Jamaica were playing in the final for the first time, being the first Caribbean team to do so. Additionally, they had beaten the United States in the semi-finals at Atlanta 2-1 to record their first win over the Americans in their country.Jamaica also earned the Fair Play Trophy.”It’s a proud moment for the country to be the first Caribbean team to play in the final. We’ve positives to take. This team can go far in the future and, hopefully, we can do that, get in another final and win it next time,” Hector said.”It’s tough to take at the moment, but I think in the next few days or weeks, we’ll look back at this tournament and take the positives and be proud of what we’ve achieved,” the defender added. – Audley Boydlast_img read more

Tourism Infrastructure Repairs Moving Forward in Florida Keys

first_imgTourism Infrastructure Repairs Moving Forward in Florida KeysTourism Infrastructure Repairs Moving Forward in Florida KeysRecovery efforts continue throughout the 125-mile-long Florida Keys island chain after Hurricane Irma struck the destination Sept. 9.American and Delta airlines and Silver Airways have resumed commercial air service into Key West International Airport. Still, overnight visitors are asked to postpone immediate vacation plans throughout the island chain and contact their airlines and hotels for further details.The Port of Key West has reopened for daytime operations and the first cruise ship port call is expected Sunday, Sept. 24, or Tuesday, Sept. 26.All bridges on the Florida Keys Overseas Highway are safe for travel. A few breaches in the roadbed caused by storm surge were quickly repaired according to Florida Department of Transportation officials.During a Thursday Monroe County Emergency Management conference call, the Florida Keys Electric Cooperative reported restoration of almost 100 percent of its customers who are able to accept power, from Ocean Reef in North Key Largo through Marathon in the Middle Keys. FKEC officials said they would start releasing mutual aid crews who came to help from areas outside of the Keys.Keys Energy Service officials indicated that some 95 percent of power had been restored from Key West to Crane Boulevard on Sugarloaf Key. Some 400 crews are working in other parts of the Lower Keys from Sugarloaf to the Seven Mile Bridge.The Florida Keys Aqueduct Authority says that all of the islands except Cudjoe Key and Summerland Key now have water 24/7. The boil-water order has been discontinued for Key Largo (excluding Ocean Reef) through Tavernier as well as Shark Key through Key West (except Rockland Key). Water quality testing is ongoing in other parts of the Keys where a boil-water order remains in effect.“The Keys have come a long way in a short time, but we still have work to do to get the Keys ready for visitors,” said Monroe County Administrator Roman Gastesi.A local state of emergency is still in effect, and Florida Keys officials continue to discourage visitors who wish to travel the Keys via the Florida Keys Overseas Highway to avoid hindering recovery efforts.The island chain’s official targeted reopening date is Oct. 20, the beginning of Key West’s Fantasy Fest. However, that date may be advanced.Irma’s damage impacts vary among Keys regions. Key Largo and Key West have the fewest impacts, and properties there have returned or are returning to regular operations. Islamorada’s bayside and Marathon’s gulfside facilities have substantially fewer effects than oceanside. Some oceanside resorts and facilities will require weeks or months of repairs to reopen for business.The Lower Keys, located between Marathon and Key West, received the brunt of the storm and recovery is likely to take the longest for many residents and businesses in that area.“We’ll be welcoming visitors as soon as we get the full go-ahead from Monroe County officials and cities within our five distinct tourism districts,” said Harold Wheeler, the Keys tourism council’s director.Visitor information is available at fla-keys.com. Additional details about infrastructure updates can be found at KeysRecovery.org, a dedicated informational site.Florida Keys visitor information: fla-keys.com or 1-800-FLA-KEYSSocial: Facebook • Twitter • Instagram • Youtube • Keys Voices blogSource = Florida Keyslast_img read more