Tag: 上海水磨会所2019价格

JEGI Elevates Geffs Peters

0 Comment

first_imgMedia investment bankers the Jordan, Edmiston Group Thursday announced that managing directors Tolman Geffs and Scott Peters were named co-presidents. The announcement was made by chairman and CEO Wilma Jordan.Peters [pictured right, top] joined JEGI in 1997 and was appointed managing director in 1999. He has managed more than 80 transactions in consumer and business information, marketing services and online media. Recently, he completed e5 Global Media’s acquisition of Nielsen Business Media’s media/entertainment properties.Geffs [pictured right, bottom] joined JEGI in 2004 and has managed several transactions in online media, interactive marketing services, and technology. Prior to joining JEGI, Geffs held a number of senior executive positions in magazine publishing and served as CEO of Internet Broadcasting Systems, a national network of 70 local television Web sites.last_img read more

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

UBM Ups Investment in Mexico Buys Construction Event

0 Comment

first_imgThe show is UBM’s second in Mexico—both of which are aimed at the construction market. The Expo CIHAC acquisition follows the launch of Concrete Show Mexico, an extension of UBM’s Concrete Show Brazil property, which will be held at the Centro Banamex in Mexico City later this month (May 21-23).UBM also maintains several offices in Mexico.Expo CIHAC 2014 will be held Oct. 14-18 at the Centro Banamex in Mexico City. UBM is adding to the wave of major event organizations investing in Mexico. The London-based show producer has acquired Expo CIHAC, what it calls one of the 10 largest trade shows in the rapidly growing Mexico market.Terms weren’t released, though the construction industry association behind the show—Centro Impulsor de la Construccion y Habitacion A.C. (CIHAC)—is signing on to provide “long-term” support. Eleven of the group’s existing employees will stay on as well.Expo CIHAC, which serves the infrastructure, construction and housing markets, drew 30,000 attendees, attracted 500 exhibitors and generated around $6.8 million in revenue last year, according to UBM.”We are delighted to have Expo CIHAC as UBM’s first tradeshow acquisition in Mexico,” says Jaime Salazar, managing director of UBM Mexico, in a statement. “Expo CIHAC builds on UBM’s established strategy of acquiring strong events which serve structurally growing markets and communities. We look forward to welcoming the Expo CIHAC team to UBM, and to continuing our close, positive cooperation with the CIHAC association.” last_img read more

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Congress investigating deepfakes after doctored Pelosi video report says

0 Comment

first_img Legal Facebook Donald Trump Deepfake coverage on CNET Deepfakes may ruin the world. And they can come for you, too Samsung deepfake AI could fabricate a video of you from a single profile pic Tags A manipulated clip of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has people worried about bogus videos in the run-up to 2020. Larry French/Getty Images Congress is looking to investigate deepfakes after the appearance of doctored videos of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, says a Tuesday report from CNN. Deepfakes, video forgeries that make people appear to be doing or saying things they didn’t, are the moving-picture equivalent of bogus images created with programs like Photoshop. Deepfake software has made manipulated videos accessible and increasingly harder to detect as fake. One technique enables users to make a deepfake using a single image, such as the Mona Lisa.Speaking with CNN, House Intelligence Committee Chair Adam Schiff, a Democrat from California, reportedly said the Russian fake news campaign during the 2016 presidential election could escalate for the 2020 presidential race thanks to deepfakes. “The most severe escalation might be the introduction of a deepfake — a video of one of the candidates saying something they never said,” Schiff said. Schiff called the Pelosi video a “cheap fake.””Very easy to make, very simple to make, real content just doctored,” Schiff reportedly told the publication. “If you look back at how impactful the Mitt Romney videotape about the 47% was, you could imagine how a videotape that is more incendiary could be election-altering. “Combine that with the fact that we already have a president of the United States who says the things that are real, like the Access Hollywood tape, are fake, and things that are fake, like the Pelosi tape — he pushes out as real.” 1center_img Politics Security Culture Digital Media Online Share your voice On May 23, videos doctored to make Pelosi appear like she was drunkenly slurring her words spread across Facebook. Facebook refused to take down the viral clip, despite reportedly having been looking into its manipulated-media policy just days before the video appeared. The Pelosi videos then disappeared from Facebook on Monday, but the social network denied removing them. In her speech, originally made at a Center for American Progress event, Pelosi accused Trump of being part of a “cover-up.” The video was then found by the The Washington Post to have been slowed to around 75% of its original speed, with the pitch of Pelosi’s voice also altered. The doctored videos went viral after being posted to Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, with one version on Facebook being viewed over 1.4 million times and shared 30,000 times. Pelosi, another Democrat from California, slammed the social network. “We have said all along, poor Facebook, they were unwittingly exploited by the Russians,” Pelosi told KQED News on Wednesday. “I think wittingly, because right now they are putting up something that they know is false. I think it’s wrong.” “[Facebook is] lying to the public … I think they have proven — by not taking down something they know is false — that they were willing enablers of the Russian interference in our election,” she said. Schiff’s office didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment. Commentlast_img read more

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Bengaluru Army Major rapes colleague in car released on interim bail

0 Comment

first_img Close (Representational Image)Creative CommonsIn a shocking incident, an army major in Bengaluru had allegedly raped his colleague in his car on the Old Airport Road in East Bengaluru. The incident occurred on February 4, 2019, and a case was registered against the army major two days later.The victim said that she had attended a senior colleague’s party on the night of February 4 and had returned home late at night. The accused, Major Choudhary, had gone to her house later and asked her out for a drive. The victim agreed since she was hungry and thought they could grab a bite to eat.According to a report by the Times of India, the accused then took the victim to an isolated location and they both consumed alcohol in the car. The victim, in her complaint, said that Major Choudhary then began to behave in an inappropriate manner with her.The major then started to touch her in an improper manner which made her uncomfortable. She asked him to take her back home and he started the car and began to drive. However, he stopped the car, pushed the victim to the backseat and went on to rape her. “He pushed me forcefully on to the back seat of the car and raped me before dropping me at my residence,” the victim said in her complaint.The woman was in shock for a few days. She mustered up courage and told her family members and her senior officials. She proceeded to give an oral complaint to them and as admitted at the Command Hospital for medical treatment.On February 15, the woman went to the Viveknagar police station to file an FIR since it was required for the court. A case was lodged against Major Choudhury under Sections 376 (rape) and 323 (voluntarily causing hurt) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). Major Choudhury was then arrested but let go on interim bail.The case was then transferred to the Ulsoor police after the Viveknagar police identified the crime scene and saw it was not in their jurisdiction. “We’re investigating the case and will take legal action against the accused,” Rahulkumar Shahapurwad, the Deputy Commissioner of Police (east division) was quoted as saying by TOI. Therapeutic Applications Of Recreational Drugs On The Risecenter_img IBTimes VideoRelated VideosMore videos Play VideoPauseMute0:06/3:15Loaded: 0%0:06Progress: 0%Stream TypeLIVE-3:09?Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedSubtitlessubtitles settings, opens subtitles settings dialogsubtitles off, selectedAudio Trackdefault, selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window. COPY LINKAD Loading …last_img read more

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Fakhrul could not meet Khaleda

0 Comment

first_imgKhaleda Zia and Mirza FakhrulBangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir could not visit jailed party chairperson Khaleda Zia as she was ill.Shairul Kabir Khan, an officer of the BNP chair’s press wing, said this on Thursday quoting Fakhrul.Fakhrul was supposed to meet the former prime minister at 3:00pm, Shairul added.On Wednesday, a lawyer of the Anti-Corruption Commission said the BNP chair could not be produced before the court in Zia Charitable Trust for unavoidable reasons. A Comilla court then served a show cause notice on the Dhaka jail authorities regarding Khaleda’s failure to appear before the court.On 8 February last, the Dhaka Special Court-5 convicted the BNP chief and sentenced her to five years’ imprisonment in the case. She was then sent to the abandoned central jail on Nazimuddin Road in the capital.last_img read more

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Indonesia judge finds conspiracy to kill Kims brother with VX

0 Comment

first_imgIndonesian Siti Aisyah, center, is escorted by police as she leaves her court hearing at the Shah Alam High Court in Shah Alam, Malaysia, Thursday, Aug. 16, 2018. The Malaysian court has ordered the two women, Siti Aisyah and Vietnamese Doan Thi Huong to enter their defense over the murder of North Korean leader`s half-brother in a brazen assassination that has gripped the world. Photo: APTwo women accused in the brazen assassination of the North Korean leader’s half-brother were told Thursday to make their defense after a Malaysian judge found evidence they participated in a “well-planned conspiracy” to kill, extending their murder trial until next year.Indonesia’s Siti Aisyah and Vietnam’s Doan Thi Huong are accused of smearing VX nerve agent on Kim Jong Nam’s face in an airport terminal in Kuala Lumpur on 13 February 2017. They face the death penalty if convicted.High Court Judge Azmi Ariffin found inadequate proof of a political assassination and said he wasn’t persuaded by defense arguments that the women thought they were playing a prank for a hidden-camera show. But enough evidence had been presented in the six-month trial to infer the women and four North Korean suspects at large had meticulously engaged in a “well-planned conspiracy” to kill Kim “systemically,” he said.”I must therefore call upon them to enter their defense,” the judge said after reading his ruling for more than two hours.Indonesian Ambassador Rusdi Kirana told reporters outside court that he was shocked by the decision but his government will abide by it.In Huong’s village in Vietnam, her family said they were sad to hear she was not acquitted. Her father, Doan Van Thanh, said he could not sleep the night before, anxious to hear the ruling.”I had hoped the court would announce that she is innocent but now we are really worried for her,” he said. Huong’s brother, Doan Van Binh, said the family hopes she will receive a fair trial.Aisyah, 25, and Huong, 29, told the court they would testify under oath in their defense. Aisyah, who will be the first to take the stand when the trial resumes Nov. 1, later cried and was consoled by her lawyers and Indonesian officials. Huong was calm. The judge set hearing dates that extend until next February.The women are accused of colluding with four North Korean suspects who fled the country the morning Kim was killed. Aisyah and Huong are the only suspects in custody.According to the case presented so far, the four men known to Aisyah and Huong by code names recruited and trained the women and supplied the banned chemical weapon they smeared on Kim’s face.Airport security footage shown in court captured the moment of the attack and prosecutors also said the camera images linked the women to the four male suspects. Shortly after Kim arrived at the airport, Huong was seen approaching him, clasping her hands on his face from behind and then fleeing. Another blurred figure was also seen running away from Kim and a police investigator testified that it was Aisyah.Kim died within two hours of the attack.Defense lawyers have said the prosecution failed to show the two women had any intention to kill – key to establishing they are guilty of murder.But the judge said their intention to kill can be inferred from targeting Kim’s eyes, where the nerve agent would penetrate faster. He said evidence pointed to a “simultaneous act” by the women and that their subsequent hurrying to separate washrooms was not a “mere coincidence” but established their intention to cause Kim’s death.”There is no slightest doubt in my mind that it can be inferred that their desperate act of rushing to the toilet was solely for the purpose to decontaminate the poisonous VX on their hands,” Azmi said. He said they seemed worried and tense before washing their hands, but relaxed afterward.”The onus is on the accused to explain their conduct,” he added.Lawyers for the two women have said their clients were pawns in a political assassination with clear links to the North Korean Embassy in Kuala Lumpur.The judge said the four North Koreans played a “substantial role” and were “part of the chain that led to the murder” of Kim. The defense has argued the real culprits are the four North Korean suspects and have pointed to an embassy employee who helped arrange their travel as evidence of embassy involvement.Azmi said he “cannot rule out that this could be a political assassination,” but found no concrete evidence of one.Malaysian officials have never officially accused North Korea and have made it clear they don’t want the trial politicized.Kim, the eldest son in the family that has ruled North Korea since its founding, had been living abroad for years after falling out of favor. It is thought he could have been seen as a threat to North Korean leader Kim Jong Un’s rule.last_img

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,