Three Brazilian men were slapped with a robbery charge and arraigned at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts on Friday.Gabriel Fanun Da Pinha, Elton Diego Doarete and Luenderson Mangabeira of Boa Vista, Roraima, Brazil, appeared before Chief Magistrate Ann McLennan and by means of a translator, all plead not guilty to the charge.It is alleged that on January 23, 2018, at Barrack Retreat, Lethem, Region NineDwayne’s Phone and Jewellery Shop(Upper Takutu-Upper Essequibo) while being armed with a gun, they robbed Maxine Buckley of a quantity of watches, cellular phones, gold jewellery, costume jewellery, headsets and $3.8 million; all property of Dwayne Grant.Representing Da Pinha and Doarete, Attorney Jerome Khan told the court that the trio usually visit Lethem to shop and that was what they were doing on the day of the robbery. He stated that his clients were not even at the scene of the robbery but had heard of it. The trio was at a friend’s house in Tabatinga and were arrested, the lawyer told the court. Khan in a bail application said the only reason the men were arrested was because the real perpetrators resembled his clients and that there was no evidence that could indicate that they had indeed committed the crime.However, the Police prosecution objected to bail on the grounds that a dangerous weapon was used and the defendants are flight risks. He highlighted this due to the fact that they are not Guyanese and have no ties here. As such, bail was denied. The case will continue at the Lethem Magistrate’s Court on February 6.Reports are at about 15:00h on January 23, 2017, the trio entered Dwayne’s Phone and Jewellery Shop and held a female employee at gunpoint.The men then relieved the woman of cash, cellphones and jewellery and attempted to make good their escape using her car. However, Police ranks were in the vicinity and promptly responded after an alarm was raised. The men were subsequently apprehended.
“We have put in a lot of effort in training and its now time for me to assess how well my players can perform. Ethiopia is a good side. We lost to them at the CECAFA Women Championships last year in Rwanda so it will be an end to end affair. We are going to attack and I’m confident we’ll give a positive result,” Ouma said.The match will act as a build-up for the upcoming Olympics Qualifier against Malawi.The first leg will be played on August 28 in Blantyre with the return match slated for after a fortnight in Nairobi.0Shares0000(Visited 32 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Harambee Starlets head coach David Ouma shouts instructions from the touchline during their African Women’s Cup of Nations qualifier against Equatorial Guinea at the Kenyatta Stadium in Machakos on June 6, 2018. PHOTO/Timothy OlobuluNAIROBI, Kenya, Aug 16 – Harambee Starlets head coach David Ouma is out to attack when Kenya faces Ethiopia in an International friendly match on Saturday at the Kenyatta Stadium in Machakos.The team started residential training on Monday and Ouma assures that they are ready to pick maximum points from the visitors.
1 Crystal Palace star Yohan Cabaye Crystal Palace midfielder Yohan Cabaye has revealed some of his team-mates forced him out of Paris Saint-Germain.The 29-year-old moved to the French champions from Newcastle in January 2014 after scoring seven Premier League goals that season.However, the Frenchman has now admitted that upon arriving in the French capital certain players made it clear they didn’t want him there.Cabaye this summer ended his time with PSG and reunited with his former boss Alan Pardew, who shelled out £10m to bring him to the Eagles.“I know that when I arrived [at PSG], there are some players who did not want me to come,” Cabaye told Canal+.“That’s football, it does not matter. Maybe one day we will speak again. It’s a number of things.“Once there is a loose ball or a bad pass, there’s bad looks. I hoped one day to wear the shirt of PSG and I had the opportunity, but it did not happen the way I wanted.“But I have no grudge against anyone.”
“This is fabulous for Vinny and also for the Drake tennis program. This is a national event and Drake wants to be represented and compete on the national stage. Vinny had an outstanding sophomore season winning over 20 matches in the top spot of our line-up. He has worked exceptionally hard during his time at Drake and will be ready to get off to a great start to his third year as a Bulldog,” said Drake head coach Davidson Kozlowski. Gillespie was named Missouri Valley Conference Player of the Year and finished the season ranked 90th in the final ITA rankings. He posted an 18-4 dual-match record at No. 1 singles. To go along with his All-MVC honor, Gillespie was named MVC Athlete of the Week five times. “I am thrilled to once again be invited to participate in one country’s best collegiate tennis event. I’m really excited to get the opportunity to play some of the best players in the country and hoping I can build on last year’s experience to put together a good run in Malibu,” said Gillespie. Print Friendly Version DES MOINES, Iowa — Drake men’s tennis Vinny Gillespie received an invitation to compete at the 2017 Oracle ITA Masters and will make his second-straight appearance at the prestigious event. The double elimination 32-player draw will take place on Sept. 21-24 in Malibu, Calif.
George passed away peacefully with his wife, Cheryl, and son, Quinn, nearby. Funeral arrangements will be coordinated by Hamilton’s Funeral Service at 3601 Westown Parkway in West Des Moines. For more information, click here. Story Links DES MOINES, Iowa – The Drake University athletic department and football team mourns the loss of longtime assistant coach and former Bulldog standout George Sypniewski, who passed away peacefully Jan. 28. Sypinewski coached the Bulldogs defensive line in two separate stints following after graduating from Drake in 1972 and earning team MVP honors following the 1971 season. He had recently finished the eighth year of his second stint with the Drake football program in 2018, having rejoined the Drake staff in August 2010 to work with the defensive line. In that role, he helped develop a Pioneer Football League Defensive Player and the year and countless all-PFL selections in annually engineering one of the top defensive lines in the conference.Sypniewski previously served 18 years as an assistant coach for the Bulldogs from 1990-2007, following a head coaching tenure at Johnston (Iowa) High School from 1976-89 where he was also a teacher. He continued to assist the Dragons’ track & field teams as well. Print Friendly Version Funeral Information A three-year starter at outside linebacker for the Bulldogs, Sypniewski was named the team’s most valuable player as a senior in 1971.A Chicago, Ill., native, he graduated from Drake in 1972 and received his master’s degree in 1978.
If you are looking for a small car then why not check out this i10 that was voted ‘Car of the Year’ by The Irish Times.Call in to our showrooms on Canal Road, Letterkenny or you can call us on (074) 9122600Check out Divers Hyundai Car of the Week! was last modified: March 21st, 2018 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Car of WeekDiversHyundai Drive away in our ‘Car of the Week’ this 171 DL ever popular Hyundai i10 Classic for only €10,995.This little beauty has only 20,305kms or 12,500 miles on the clock!And its features include electric windows and mirrors: cd player: central locking, multiple air bags and isofix with the road tax only €190 per year.
Shimla, Mar 10 (PTI) Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh today said the state government was taking effective steps to check drug menace and implementing the national policy on Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances formulated in 2012.Replying to a private member resolution moved by BJP leader Inder Singh, the Chief Minister said that 622 cases of drugs related offences were registered in the state and 731 persons arrested in this regard.A Narcotics cell has been constituted in the Intelligence wing under the control of an officer of SP rank to check cultivation, smuggling and use of narcotic drugs and campaigns have been launched by involving voluntary organisations, school and college students for creating awareness about adverse effects of drug abuse, he said.The CM added the government was aware of the problem and will continue its efforts to check drug menace by involving the civil society and related government departments like education, public relations, health and family welfare, social justice and empowerment, youth services, sports and panchayat and rural development.PTI PCLSRY SK SRY
The Maharashtra government is planning to bring self- defence as a part of the school curriculum in the state. Maharashtra Education Minister Vinod Tawde responded to an online petition filed by a women self-defence coach from Pune, Neha Shrimal about the same.About the petition filed by the self-defence coachIn the petition posted on Change.org in September last year, Shrimal had demanded to make self-defence training compulsory for all the schools in the state.The petition received over 1.37 lakh signatures in support of the demand. In the petition, Shrimal gave an example of how an 18-year-old girl fought off three men harassing her and handed them over to police in Birbhum in West Bengal.”In India, over 53 per cent of children face sexual abuse. Whenever any such incidence happens, we just look at police and legal system for help. We never imagine that a girl can also have power to deal with such situations, I believe that every child should be trained to protect themselves from an early age. I am asking Maharashtra Government to make self-defence training compulsory for all the students from 5th standard onwards,” Shrimal added.According to her, self defence was not martial arts, but a psychological, mental and physical preparedness to deal with any danger from undesirable elements.Vinod Tawde’s response to the petition In his online reply, Tawde said, “The first petition that I have received is from a Pune citizen and a mother, Neha Shrimal. Neha and 1.37 lakh citizens have asked me to make self-defence training compulsory for all the schools in Maharashtra. I have heard you and 1.37 lakh, citizens.”advertisement”Taking due cognisance of the petition, I am now considering running the programme and making it a part of the curriculum. We recently decided to introduce an hour-long sports session for school students. And we are planning to introduce self-defence as a part of these sessions. With this, we have decided to start mandatory self-defence training in schools,” he said.A senior official from the School Education Department confirmed to PTI that the state government is planning to bring self- defence as a part of schools’ curriculum in the state.He said the department was going through the raised issues on the online platform and they found merit in the petition.Therefore, the department was planning to seriously consider introducing the self-defence session in the curriculum.Read: CBSE Board Exam 2019: Class 10, 12 results to release early this year Read: Ancient language Maithili is on the verge of decline, government takes steps to revive its importance
Share on Pinterest Spain began life without Luis Enrique by clinging on for a tense 2-1 victory over Romania to maintain their perfect record in Euro 2020 qualifying.Sergio Ramos’s penalty and a goal from Paco Alcácer put the three-times European champions on course for a comfortable success in their first match since Robert Moreno permanently replaced Enrique as manager. Read more Northern Ireland Finland Italy Euro 2020 The Fiver: sign up and get our daily football email. Michael O’Neill praised Northern Ireland’s youngsters after an experimental side emerged with a 1-0 friendly win over Luxembourg.An own goal from Kevin Malget handed the Irish victory at Windsor Park before their Euro 2020 qualifier against Germany on Monday.“It was a very worthwhile exercise,” O’Neill said. “It was a challenging three days in terms of preparation because we wanted to put as strong a team on the pitch as possible but obviously we had more than one eye on the game on Monday. It was good to get young boys on the pitch and I was pleased with a lot of performances.” Gareth Bale says he is very happy to be called ‘the golfer’ at Real Madrid Share on LinkedIn Topics Finland stay second in the group, three points behind Italy, thanks to the Norwich striker Teemu Pukki’s penalty early in the second half in a tight 1-0 home victory over Greece.Bosnia and Herzegovina sealed their second win in Group J, beating Liechtenstein 5-0 at home, with four of their goals coming in the last 10 minutes. Amer Gojak gave the hosts an early lead and after Haris Duljevic struck their second in the 80th minute, Edin Dzeko and Edin Visca both scored before Gojak added his second at the end. David McGoldrick earns Ireland vital point with header against Switzerland Reuse this content Read more But they were forced to survive an anxious finish in Bucharest after the substitute Florin Andone halved the deficit with an hour played and the defender Diego Llorente was dismissed 11 minutes from time. Spain were indebted to Kepa Arrizabalaga after he pulled off two superb late stops to help move his side on to 15 points from five games at the top of Group F.Sweden stay second after Alexander Isak’s first-half double and further goals before the break from Victor Lindelöf and Robin Quaison secured them a 4-0 win in the Faroe Islands. Norway claimed a 2-0 win against Malta at the Ullevaal Stadium thanks to Sander Berge’s header and a Joshua King penalty.Italy maintained their 100% record to stay top of Group J but had to come back from a goal down before winning 3-1 away against 10-man Armenia. Alexander Karapetyan gave Armenia a surprise early lead but was sent off on the stroke of half-time for his second booking after Andrea Belotti had equalised with the first of his two goals. Lorenzo Pellegrini headed Italy in front with 13 minutes remaining and Belotti made sure of a fifth-straight win three minutes later. Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Euro 2020 qualifying Spain Share via Email Share on WhatsApp Share on Messenger news
LAVAL, Que. – Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. says a U.S. District Court judge gave his preliminary approval Tuesday to a US$290-million settlement of lawsuits stemming from the unsuccessful attempted hostile takeover in 2014 of Botox maker Allergan Inc.As part of the deal agreed to in December, Quebec-based Valeant (TSX:VRX) will pay US$96.25 million, with co-defendant Pershing Square Capital Management, L.P. paying the rest.Valeant spokeswoman Lainie Keller says approval is subject to submission of final papers and associated hearings.She says that the company continues to believe the resolution of the litigation is in the best interests of the company, enabling it to focus its attention and resources on the transformation of Valeant.Both companies have said they are admitting no wrongdoing by settling. The lawsuit accusing them of insider trading was brought by shareholders who sold Allergan stock in the two months before the US$51-billion bid was launched.Pershing Square CEO Bill Ackman has said he believes the lawsuit was without merit but settling will save resources required for a lengthy litigation.