上海夜网后花园

McGeady warning for new boss

first_imgAiden McGeady has admitted the job of Ireland manager has become “a poisoned chalice”. “You can never really win. It is probably a bit of a poisoned chalice, the manager’s job, same as in England as well. “If you do well, you are always still going to have people saying ‘That’s wrong, that’s not right’. You can’t please everyone.” The Football Association of Ireland has placed under-21s boss Noel King in interim charge of the senior team while high performance director Ruud Dokter and former international Ray Houghton assess the field in the search for Trapattoni’s replacement. But whoever the successful candidate is – Martin O’Neill, Mick McCarthy and Roy Keane remain the three most prominently mentioned candidates – McGeady has warned them the pressure will be intense. He said: “They have to pick the right man for the job, and I think they are doing the right thing by not rushing into anything. “It’s always the same two or three names mentioned, but whatever they decide to do, I don’t think anyone will have any problems with it. “But whoever takes over is going to have a lot of pressure, a lot of expectation to try to turn things around – well, not turn things around, but have a slight change in fortunes.” Ireland, who lost 3-0 in Germany on Friday evening, face Kazakhstan at the Aviva Stadium on Tuesday night in their final World Cup Group C qualifier. The 27-year-old Spartak Moscow winger believes whoever succeeds Giovanni Trapattoni will come in for criticism no matter what he does. Asked if Ireland could play a more expansive game than the system to which the Italian was so rigidly committed, McGeady said: “We could probably end up playing two centre-backs wide, two full-backs pushing on and losing and getting absolutely hammered by all you [journalists] and everyone on TV still. center_img Press Associationlast_img read more

Murdered Woman’s Family Drops Lawsuit Against Best Buy, Others

first_imgThe family of a woman who was killed during an appliance delivery in Boca Raton last summer has dropped their lawsuit against Best Buy and its subcontractors.The suspect, 21-year-old Jorge Dupre Lachazo, is accused of killing 75-year-old Evelyn Udell on August 19, when he and David Gonzalez delivered a washer and dryer to her home. The pair worked for XM Delivery, which was subcontracted by Best Buy.The lawsuit named Best Buy, freight carrier J.B. Hunt, and XM Delivery, as well as the XM employees, Dupre Lachazo and Gonzalez, the driver in the delivery, and XM Delivery owner Manuel Chavez. It also named the two workers who sold the appliances at the Best Buy store.Online court records show that the family filed a notice of voluntary dismissal with prejudice last week, which means they are waiving their rights to file another lawsuit with the same claims.I’m working on legislation for the upcoming session that will protect Floridians when having furniture or appliances delivered to their homes. You can read more about it here. https://t.co/SQtsDwFyjT #flapol #Sayfie— Mike Caruso (@RepMikeCaruso) October 29, 2019 Dupre Lachazo is charged with first-degree murder and faces the death penalty. Police say he beat the 75-year-old retired librarian and grandmother, and then set her on fire. She died the next day.He told police that he heard voices telling him to kill Udell, adding that they belonged to drug dealers who had sexually molested him and threatened his mother.“I threw my life away at 21 years old,” Dupre Lachazo told the detectives on the day of the attack. “I’m a bad person. I want to die. Use that pistol already. Use it already. Disappear me. Disappear me.”Soon after the murder, State Republican Rep. Mike Caruso, of Delray Beach, introduced a bill that would require big-box stores such as Best Buy to notify its customers when a delivery has been subcontracted.The legislation, which failed to pass a subcommittee on March 14, would have also required fingerprint-based “Level 2” background checks for any delivery person who enters a person’s home.last_img read more

Adopt-A-Pet Dog of the Week: Daisy Girl

first_imgFacebook23Tweet0Pin0Submitted by Adopt-A-Pet Meet Daisy Girl! She is a 3-year-old, 78-pound, people-loving girl in search of her forever home with loving humans who will provide her with a securely-fenced yard, plenty of exercise, leadership, activities for my “superior smarts”, and a grain/chicken-free diet to keep her healthy. She would prefer a home where she can be the only pet, but has done well with other dogs after proper introduction and supervision.Daisy Girl was raised by children, so you can imagine what a people social dog she is! The volunteers love to walk her, and see her running and playing in the yard! Daisy Girl is a great companion and family dog!If you have further questions or would like to schedule an appointment to meet Daisy Girl in person, please contact the adoption team at Shelton Adopt-a-Pet. Emails are the preferred method of communication.Adopt-A-Pet has many great dogs and always need volunteers. To see all our current dogs, visit the Adopt-A-Pet website, our Facebook page or at the shelter on Jensen Road in Shelton. For more information, email [email protected] or call 360-432-3091.Hours of Operation: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.last_img read more