RelatedPosts Super Eagles forward Ahmed Musa welcomes new son COVID-19: Super Eagles player Ahmed Musa speaks on ‘positive’ test U23 AFCON qualifier: Musa charges Olympic Eagles to go for win Super Eagles’ captain, Ahmed Musa, has added a brand new Mercedes Benz G-Wagon to his car collection.The Al-Nasr of Saudi Arabia forward flaunted the newly acquired Sports Utility Vehicle on his official Twitter handle: @Ahmedmusa718, on Wednesday. The pacy player, who posed by the SUV, thanked his maker for the opportunity.On the picture, the erstwhile Leicester City star wrote: “Alhamdulillah.”According to check, the car is valued at N100 million for the 2019 and the 2020 edition, while the 2015 to 2018 edition of vehicle cost the sum of N70 million.Musa’s brand of G-Wagon has a state-of-the-art cockpit, with standard and available technologies from dual 12.3-inch displays, intuitive steering-wheel touch controls, and voice control for the navigation, audio and numerous comfort features.The 27-year old player became the first Nigerian to score more than once in a FIFA World Cup match, after scoring twice against Argentina in the 2014 FIFA World Cup. Musa is also the first Nigerian to score in two FIFA World Cup competitions, after scoring twice against Iceland in the group stage of the 2018 FIFA World Cup.At club level, he was a member of the Al-Nassr squad that won the Saudi Premier League and Saudi Super Cup, both in 2019.Tags: Ahmed MusaG-Wagon
Stick Man is the story of a happy-go-lucky father’s epic journey to make it home in time for Christmas. (Image: Triggerfish)A South African animation company has won a top prize for a TV production at a premier animation festival.Stick Man won a Le Cristal d’Annecy award at the Annecy International Animation Film Festival in France. The short animation is a collaboration between South African animation studio Triggerfish’s and UK-based Magic Light PicturesThis is not the company’s first award. It recently received accolades at the BANFF World Media Festival, the Shanghai International Film and TV Festival, and two British Animation Awards.Previous Le Cristalwinners include the films Room on the Broom, The Amazing World of Gumball, Shaun the Sheep and Peppa Pig.Triggerfish CEO Stuart Forrest was delighted with the recognition, saying “this was Africa’s strongest showing at Annecy yet. In addition to Stick Man winning the TV category, our collaborator Clea Mallinson won the Animation du Monde pitching forum for her short film Fairy Wheels.”Other African winners this year included South African Naomi van Niekerk’s stop-motion animation short, ‘n Gewone Blou Maandagoggend. It won the Jean-Luc Xiberras Award for a First Film in the short film category.Adama, a film set in West Africa, won the André-Martin Award for a French-language feature film.Forrest said: “We also had a great response to the four TV series we’re developing from last year’s pan-African Triggerfish Story Lab, so it is an exciting time for African animation.”About Stick ManStick Man is based on Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler’s much-loved children’s picture book about a happy-go-lucky father’s epic journey to make it home in time for Christmas.The 26-minute film was directed by London-based Jeroen Jaspaert and South African Daniel Snaddon.“I’m so proud of the team who went beyond the call of duty to bring Stick Man to life, thanks to Jeroen for bringing out the best in us,” said Snaddon.Watch the trailer:The film features an all-star voice cast that includes Sherlock’s Martin Freeman, Hugh Bonneville from Downtown Abbey and comedienne Jennifer Saunders.The film was shown on the BBC during Christmas 2015 and was watched by over 10-million viewers.Co-producers, Magic Light Pictures is an Oscar-nominated, BAFTA and International Emmy winning production company.Triggerfish’s next project is another collaboration with Magic Light Pictures, and will be Christmas special for the BBC based on Roald Dahl’s popular Revolting Rhymes books.Nathi Mthethwa, South Africa’s minister of arts and culture, congratulated Triggerfish on Twitter:Congratulations to Triggerfish Animation Cape Town, for winning the overall Cristal for best TV production at the Annecy/MIFA awards.— Min. Nathi Mthethwa (@NathiMthethwaSA) June 20, 2016
Your industry is different from other industries. What matters to you and your clients may or may not matter to someone else and their clients. The big trends that threaten your industry may benefit another industry. But when it comes to the principles of selling, your industry is no different than any other.You may feel that your industry is special when it comes to prospecting and creating opportunities, that it is somehow more difficult for you to gain the commitment of your prospective client’s time. Your industry is not to blame. The difficulty in gaining appointments crosses all industries, and the root cause is that you are not trading enough value for people’s time, and prospecting by its very nature requires that you call people who are right now uninterested in what you sell. The principle here is that you need a strong value proposition to command your dream client’s time.Your clients always tell you that your price is higher than your competitor’s, that it is too high, that you need to sharpen your pencil, or that what you sell is a commodity. If you in any way feel that your industry has been singled out for special treatment here, let me disabuse you of that belief. Most markets are more mature and more crowded than ever, and more options and more competition tends to lead to greater distribution of companies that create value at different levels, some choosing to compete on price, others on differentiated value. Who you are calling on and how you sell determines your experience here, not your industry. The principle here is knowing who your targets are and how to sell to them.The experience of having buyers take more time and engage more stakeholders in the buying process slow—or derail—your opportunities is not something exclusive to your industry. The fact that people are now looking for internal consensus before they buy is well-documented. The challenge this presents your industry is the same for other industries. The principle here is the need to control the process, and it is something that you know how to do effectively, or it is not.The experience you are having selling now is not different because of your industry. The challenges you are having are universal, and the ability to sell effectively through those challenges is known, documented, and being deployed by salespeople now.
MOST READ Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa LATEST STORIES View comments Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Read Next Fire hits houses in Mandaluyong City LOOK: Loisa Andalio, Ronnie Alonte unwind in Amanpulo for 3rd anniversary E.T. returns to earth, reunites with grown-up Elliott in new ad Nonong Araneta re-elected as PFF president BSP sees higher prices in November, but expects stronger peso, low rice costs to put up fight Outspoken WarriorsSpeaking at the Warriors media day later Friday, Curry said simply: “I don’t wanna go.”Cleveland Cavaliers superstar LeBron James meanwhile took aim at Trump’s withdrawn invite.“U bum @StephenCurry30 already said he ain’t going! So therefore ain’t no invite,” James wrote on Twitter.“Going to White House was a great honor until you showed up!”The NBA Players Association also rallied swiftly behind Curry.ADVERTISEMENT “Going to the White House is considered a great honor for a championship team. Stephen Curry is hesitating, therefore invitation is withdrawn!” Trump wrote.It was not immediately clear if the White House had formally extended an invitation to the Warriors to attend the reception, a tradition that goes back several decades.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutSpeaking on Friday, Curry said the Warriors could make a “statement” by declining to attend the White House reception if an invite was offered.“Obviously, you don’t wanna rush to a decision on understanding the magnitude of what this means,” Curry told ESPN. “We have an opportunity to send a statement that hopefully encourages unity, encourages us to appreciate what it means to be American, and stand for something.” Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry, left, talks with Kevin Durant, right, in the first half of an NBA basketball game against the Dallas Mavericks on Tuesday, March 21, 2017, in Dallas. APLOS ANGELES, United States — President Donald Trump said Saturday he was withdrawing a White House invitation to the Golden State Warriors after several players on the NBA championship-winning side voiced misgivings about attending a reception.Writing on Twitter, Trump singled out Warriors star Stephen Curry, who on Friday had signaled that he would vote against attending the White House reception in any team discussion.ADVERTISEMENT AP source: Knicks agree to trade Carmelo Anthony to Thunder “Steph: consider this withdrawal a badge of honor!” NBAPA executive director Michele Roberts wrote on Twitter.Warriors players have been among the most outspoken against Trump’s administration.Last month, NBA Finals MVP Kevin Durant said he would boycott the White House if the Warriors were invited, accusing Trump of escalating racial tensions in the United States.“Nah, I won’t do that,” Durant told ESPN when asked whether he would attend the White House.“I don’t respect who’s in office right now…I don’t agree with what he agrees with, so my voice is going to be heard by not doing that.”Durant said he expected many teammates would follow suit. “That’s just me personally, but if I know my guys well enough, they’ll all agree with me,” Durant said, saying he believed Trump bore responsibility for stoking racial divisions.“He’s definitely driving it,” Durant said. “I feel ever since he’s got into office, or since he ran for the presidency, our country has been so divided and it’s not a coincidence. When (Barack) Obama was in office, things were looking up. We had so much hope in our communities where I come from because we had a black president, and that was a first.“So to see that and to be where we are now, it just felt like we took a turn for the worse, man. It all comes from who is in the administration. It comes from the top.”Trump a ‘blowhard’Warriors coach Steve Kerr has also been one of Trump’s most searing critics from within the ranks of the NBA, describing him as a “blowhard.”“Frankly, I think it’s why Trump couldn’t be more ill-suited to be president, because he’s a blowhard,” Kerr said earlier this year. “You don’t see some of the qualities you talk about, the resilience, the ability to communicate, the compassion. None of that… To be a great leader, there have to be some qualities in there.“Has anyone ever thought that Donald Trump was a great leader?” /cbb Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss PLAY LIST 02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes00:58Trump blames media, Democrats for impeachment during Kentucky rally01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC Frontrow holds fun run to raise funds for young cancer patients
Man City boss Guardiola not dropping De Jong pursuitby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester City boss Pep Guardiola isn’t dropping his pursuit of Ajax midfielder Frenkie de Jong.De Jong is preparing to move from Holland in 2019 and has courted interest from across Europe – including Barcelona and PSG.Indeed, De Jong’s father has talked up a move to Barca.However, Telefoot says City remain in contact, where Guardiola is driving the move.The Catalan is convinced De Jong can fit seamlessly into his system and has made his addition a priority for next year. TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
Josh Dobbs SurpriseTennessee quarterback Josh Dobbs is known for being a fan-favorite, and for his accessibility for the Vol supporters that love him. So maybe it isn’t that shocking to see what Dobbs did over the weekend.In conjunction with Special Spaces of Knoxville, Dobbs gave 5-year-old Tennessee fan A.J. Cucksey the surprise of a lifetime. Cucksey, who is stricken with an inoperable brain tumor, received a new play room stocked with UT memorabilia. Best of all, he got to hang out with Dobbs, who has known the boy for some time. Warning: these videos might make you choke up a bit. This boy has an inoperable brain [email protected]_dobbs1 @SpecialSpacesUS did something pretty cool for him. Watch at 11. pic.twitter.com/FNy5kjaGRe— Casey Wheeless (@WVLTCasey) April 24, [email protected] Here is a video I took today of Aj singing Rocky Top to Josh Dobbs. Thought you might want to see it 🙂 pic.twitter.com/7srV4ZhRis— Steve Winfree (@KnoxSportsGuy) April 24, 2016It’s easy to see why Dobbs is such a beloved figure in Knoxville. To watch the entire featue from WVLT, click here.
Hyderabad: NMDC Ltd plans to pursue allocation of new iron ore deposits both by participation in auctions and the Government dispensation route, even as it seeks to expand its brownfield mines to increase its production target to 67 million tonnes per annum (MTPA). During its 61st Annual General Meeting, NMDC unveiled plans to increase its production capacity to 67 mtpa. The development of a greenfield mine has been planned through a joint venture with Chhattisgarh State Mineral Development Corporation, for which it has appointed a mining developer. This will add 10 MTPA of capacity in the next four-five years. Also Read – Thermal coal import may surpass 200 MT this fiscalAddressing the AGM, N Baijendra Kumar, Chairman and Managing Director of NMDC, said it is proposed to raise the company’s current mining capacity of 43 MTPA to 67 MTPA with the aim of meeting the domestic iron and steel sector’s requirement. The company registered a good performance in the first quarter of this fiscal in spite of problems with the Donimalai lease. It is hopeful of resolving the issue. The company closed the last fiscal with a profit of Rs 4,642 crore and a networth of Rs 25,952 crore as of March 31, 2019. Progress on construction of the 3 mtpa steel plant at Nagarnar, Chhattisgarh, during 2018-19 has been noticeable and various packages are under construction and nearing completion. Cold trial of individual equipment under various packages is in progress. The steel plant is scheduled to be commissioned in three phases and is expected to be operational by the third quarter of FY 2020-2021. To increase the evacuation capacity from the Bailadilla sector, NMDC has taken up doubling of the Kirandul-Jagdalpur railway line, which will reduce the total turnaround time for rakes. The slurry pipeline from Bailadila to Jagdalpur and further to Visakhapatnam, with a capacity of 15 MTPA, will add to the ease of evacuation.
APTN National NewsA senior member of the Assembly of First Nations Youth Council has quit.Jarita Greyeyes says she can’t accept the way her colleagues are doing business.She’s now calling for changes.APTN National News reporter Delaney Windigo explains.