Pladis will reduce its McVitie’s Digestives pack sizes from 500g to 400g following a review of its portfolio.The smaller pack sizes will hit shelves from the end of this month and will be the first change to McVitie’s Digestives in many years, according to the manufacturer.Pladis will be making select changes to a proportion of its packs over the coming months and introduce new larger packs and a reduction in some pack sizes.“The rising cost of ingredients and changes in the exchange rates means it has become more expensive to bake our products,” said Pladis UK’s managing director Nick Bunker.“We work hard to drive efficiencies throughout our business to absorb cost increases, but occasionally, like many other businesses in these challenging times, we do need to make some adjustments.”It is common practice, particularly in the confectionery market, to mitigate the effect of rising costs by reducing product sizes – although this often happens without the manufacturer announcing it.Ingredients cost hikes have hit the baking industry hard in the past 18 months, with many suppliers increasing prices.Pladis said it would continue to listen to consumers and work closely with retail and wholesale partners to shape the future of its product portfolio.
Marks & Spencer (M&S) has unveiled its first vegan brioche buns and hot dog rolls made with avocado.The soft Avoca-dough Burger Buns and Avoca-dough Hot Dog Buns have a slight green hue and are made with pureed avocado instead of egg. They also contain coconut oil to help give the traditional brioche texture.Available in a pack of two (rsp: £1.15), the buns are high in vitamin D and fibre and have been launched as part of the retailer’s Plant Kitchen range of vegan BBQ foods.“Avocados are huge – be it avocado on toast, in a margarita or simply as part of a salad – and social media goes mad for all things avo,” said Kirsty Rowley, bakery product developer at M&S.M&S added a sausage roll to its in-store bakery line-up this month.
You Can’t Take It With You Related Shows View Comments Show Closed This production ended its run on Feb. 22, 2015 The cast will also include Nick Corley, Austin Durant and Joe Tapper as the three G-Men. Additional previously announced cast members include Mark Linn-Baker, Reg Rogers, Crystal A. Dickinson, Marc Damon Johnson and Patrick Kerr. Complete casting will be announced sometime next week. The Pulitzer Prize-winning You Can’t Take It With You centers on the freethinking Sycamore family and the mayhem that ensues when their daughter’s fiancé brings his conservative, straight-laced parents to dinner on the wrong night. The show debuted at the Booth Theatre in 1936 and was last revived on Broadway in 1983. The new production will feature original music by Jason Robert Brown. Tony nominee Johanna Day, Will Brill and Fran Kranz have joined the cast of the upcoming Broadway revival of Moss Hart and George S. Kaufman’s You Can’t Take It With You. The trio will play Mrs. Kirby, Ed Carmichael and Tony Kirby, respectively. They join a starry lineup that includes James Earl Jones, Kristine Nielsen, Annaleigh Ashford, Rose Byrne, Elizabeth Ashley and Byron Jennings. Performances will begin on August 26 at the Longacre Theatre. Opening night for the Scott Ellis-helmed production is set for September 28. Day received a Tony nod for her performance in Proof and appeared on Broadway August: Osage County. Brill made his Broadway debut earlier this year in Act One. Kranz appeared on the Great White Way in 2012 in Death of a Salesman.
“We are very happy with this team, but with all the competitions in which we are engaged we must be aware there will be issues, as we have seen with Adrien Rabiot.” From his perspective, Cabaye sees no reason why he could not be playing Champions League football with Newcastle next season. With United seven points adrift of the all-important fourth-place currently occupied by Liverpool, Cabaye said: “We are in good shape.” Speaking to reporters, he added: “Champions League is a bigger level, but we have the capacity to just stay next to the big teams. “If we are still in a similar position (to challenge for the top four) by the end of the season, why not?” Insisting he is happy at Newcastle, Cabaye added: “For me the most important thing, as I said, is to do my best for the team. “If the manager or the staff are happy with my performance and the fans who are supporting me are happy, I am happy. “My mentality hasn’t changed. Even after what happened in the summer – and I will do my best for the team every day.” At present, Newcastle insist no bid has been received. But with Cabaye in form, scoring five goals in his last seven appearances for Newcastle, and available to play in the Champions League knockout stages, he is an attractive proposition to Blanc. The former France manager is in need of a midfielder after losing Adrien Rabiot to injury. Speaking to Canal+ after PSG thrashed Nantes 5-0 on Sunday to retain their five-point lead at the top of the table, Blanc said: “It would be good to have an extra player in midfield. “We need a player who has the same mentality as the others when they are playing or on the bench. He must love to play. “He must be technically good and be tough, and whether this player comes or does not come, there will be competition in all positions. “I’ve been saying for a month and a half – and the injury to Adrien makes it more urgent – that we need an extra player in midfield.” Asked specifically about Cabaye, Blanc added: “I ask myself. I know the man. He has that character, but there are others. Press Association Paris St Germain coach Laurent Blanc has refused to rule out a move for Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye before the January transfer window closes. Speculation previously surfaced around Cabaye in the summer, when he missed the Magpies’ first three games of the season following a bid from Arsenal. Blanc has made no secret of his admiration for the 28-year-old, and reports suggest PSG are preparing to double the Gunners’ offer with a £20million-plus fee.
LOS ANGELES: Four-time Olympic gold medallist Simone Biles wants more than good wishes from USA Gymnastics. The US federation wished Biles a happy 23rd birthday on social media on Saturday.Biles — who also owns 19 world titles and is expected to be among the stars of the Tokyo Olympics — used their tweet as a chance to demand an independent investigation into the Larry Nassar sex abuse scandal.”how about you amaze me and do the right thing … have an independent investigation,” Biles snapped on Twitter after the federation’s birthday tweet.”HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the most decorated gymnast of all time, @simonebiles!” USA Gymnastics wrote, posting a video of Biles in action in a floor exercise. “We know you will only continue to amaze us and make history!”Former national gymnastics team doctor Nassar was jailed for life for abusing more than 250 athletes, including stars of the United States’ 2012 and 2016 gold medal-winning Olympic teams.A US Senate investigation found that “multiple institutions” failed to adequately respond to credible allegations against Nassar, but Biles has said that USA Gymnastics and the US Olympic and Paralympic Committee still owe his victims, including herself, more answers and a framework to ensure such abuses won’t occur again.”Wish they BOTH wanted an independent investigation as much as the survivors & I do,” she tweeted earlier this month.As Biles and other elite gymnasts ramp up their preparations for Tokyo, USA Gymnastics in January offered a $215 million (194 million euros) settlement to victims of Nassar to settle legal claims — a plan a lawyer for more than 200 women called “unconscionable.”Olympic gold medallist Aly Raisman, who is now retired, called the settlement offer “offensive” and accused the federation of attempting to prevent the release of details which would show how Nassar was able to abuse athletes for years.Attorney John Manley, who represents more than 180 clients with active claims against USA Gymnastics, said the settlement offer releases too many people from further claims, including the USOPC, former USA Gymnastics chief Steve Penny and former national team directors Bela and Marta Karolyi. AgenciesAlso Read: Djokovic, Biles Win Laureus Sports AwardsAlso Watch: East Siang District Administration in Arunachal Pradesh cautious over corona virus
If senior guard Dwight Lewis is to be the team leader and go-to scorer for the USC men’s basketball team, coach Kevin O’Neill and the Trojans will be expecting performances like this all year.Lewis led the Trojans (1-0) with a game-high 20 points on 7-of-14 shooting and added three rebounds in the Trojans’ 77-67 victory over UC Riverside at the Galen Center Tuesday night.Fast break · Senior Dwight Lewis got USC out of the gate fast against UC Riverside, scoring 20 points in the Trojans’ 77-67 win on opening night. – Mike Lee | Daily TrojanAfter the Trojans lost four of their five starters from last season, Lewis was expected to take the role of the Trojan’s leader — and in the first game of his final season, Lewis delivered.Lewis hit on his first three attempts from the field, helping USC sprint to an early 28-11 lead midway through the first half. The Trojans gave some ground back to the Highlanders (0-2) late in the first half, however — going nearly five minutes without a field goal — and led by 13 entering halftime.Foul trouble plagued the Trojans early in the game, as both junior guard Marcus Simmons and redshirt junior forward Kasey Cunningham — who would eventually foul out — were forced to miss large portions of the first half because of foul trouble.Lewis and sophomore forward Nikola Vucevic, who finished the game with 18 points and eight rebounds, picked up the slack late in the half and kept the Highlanders at a distance.Defense played a key role all game, as the Trojans were able to neutralize former Trojan Kyle Austin, holding the junior to eight points.No Highlander scored more than 12 points. The Trojans also forced 15 Highlander turnovers.After Lewis cooled off, the Highlanders pulled the score to within eight points midway through the second half, but Simmons, one of four Trojans scoring in the double-digits, scored 11 of his 18 points in the second half, including six unanswered to extend the lead to 14. The Trojans never looked back.“He dominated the game for us on both ends for one stretch and had some great hustle plays,” O’Neill said of Simmons.Starting his first career game at point guard, redshirt junior Donte Smith scored 12 points, the most he has scored in a Trojan uniform, and quarterbacked the Trojan offense effectively while playing all 40 minutes of the game.Although Smith committed five turnovers, after the game O’Neill took responsibility for Smith’s mistakes and praised his good play.“It was my bad play calling. Two of those turnover are my responsibilities,” O’Neill said. “For a guy who hasn’t played any point guard and for him to play 40 minutes really says something about him.”In a game in which the Trojans never trailed, a variety of the team’s new faces were able to get some playing time, most notably freshman forward Evan Smith, who contributed five points off the bench in his first career appearance. The play of the newcomers gave O’Neill cause for hope.“For the most part, I think our whole team played well tonight,” O’Neill said. “I’m more than happy with any win, but we have to get better as a group.”
London, United Kingdom | AFP |West Ham 3 Man United 2Winston Reid’s 80th-minute header harpooned Manchester United’s Champions League qualification hopes as West Ham United crowned their final Boleyn Ground match with a thrilling 3-2 triumph on Tuesday. Manchester United, whose bus was attacked en route to the ground, had come from behind to lead 2-1 after Anthony Martial’s brace negated Diafra Sakho’s 10th-minute opener.But Michail Antonio equalised with a bullet header in the 76th minute before West Ham captain Reid smuggled a header past visiting goalkeeper David de Gea to bring the 2,398th and final game at the east London ground to a crashing crescendo.The result left United in fifth place in the Premier League and means that they can only pip Manchester City to fourth place if they win at home to Bournemouth on Sunday and City lose at Swansea City.That unlikely scenario confronts under-pressure United manager Louis van Gaal with the unwanted consolation of a Europa League berth, although his side also face Crystal Palace in the FA Cup final.His opposite number, Slaven Bilic, was left to celebrate a first league win over United in 15 attempts, which took West Ham back above Southampton and into a Europa League slot.But while the manner of victory was a fitting send-off for the 112-year-old ground, ahead of West Ham’s move to the Olympic Stadium, it was marred by pre-match scenes that saw the United bus pelted with cans and bottles.It resulted in a 45-minute delay to kick-off, and there were further scenes of disorder when De Gea had bottles thrown at him following Martial’s equaliser.United were boosted by the returns of Martial and Marcus Rashford — the former having missed Saturday’s 1-0 win at Norwich City with a hamstring problem, while the latter was rested — but they barely had time to draw breath as West Ham surged ahead. Carroll fluffs linesAaron Cresswell’s pass down the inside-left channel found Manuel Lanzini running in behind Juan Mata and from his pull-back, Sakho’s shot clipped Daley Blind and found the bottom-left corner.After Angelo Ogbonna and Dimitri Payet had threatened, Andy Carroll spurned a gilt-edged chance when, having been sent clean through by Payet, he shot straight at De Gea.Moments later Antonio headed in a cross from Mark Noble, only for his celebration to be cut short by a linesman’s flag indicating that the ball had already gone out for a corner.Lanzini drilled wide, Payet shanked over after Noble had robbed Martial and when the visitors finally created a chance, Wayne Rooney crossing dangerously towards Rashford, Ogbonna intervened.Seeking greater control in midfield, Van Gaal introduced Michael Carrick for Morgan Schneiderlin at the interval and within five minutes his team were level.De Gea’s goal-kick reached Rashford, whose pass found the overlapping Juan Mata, and the Spaniard darted past Ogbonna before squaring for Martial to tap in his 16th goal of the season.After Sakho had squandered a great chance for West Ham by turning Payet’s free-kick over the bar, Martial put United in front by skinning Reid and dinking a shot inside Darren Randolph’s near post.But Upton Park’s final chapter was not yet written and after Payet had picked out Antonio to send a bullet header past De Gea, the Frenchman crossed for Reid to notch a winning goal that left the rafters quivering.Share on: WhatsApp
Last week, Florida Senator Mario Diaz-Balart and Utah Senator Ben McAdams also announced they had tested positive for the virus, officially known as COVID-19 Republican Kentucky Senator Dr. Rand Paul has tested positive for coronavirus, according to a Sunday afternoon announcement.His office tweeted:Senator Rand Paul has tested positive for COVID-19. He is feeling fine and is in quarantine. He is asymptomatic and was tested out of an abundance of caution due to his extensive travel and events. He was not aware of any direct contact with any infected person.— Senator Rand Paul (@RandPaul) March 22, 2020 He expects to be back in the Senate after his quarantine period ends and will continue to work for the people of Kentucky at this difficult time. Ten days ago, our D.C. office began operating remotely, hence virtually no staff has had contact with Senator Rand Paul.— Senator Rand Paul (@RandPaul) March 22, 2020
Image Courtesy: ReutersAdvertisement vlr1NBA Finals | Brooklyn Vsn1bWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Euc4( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 3msWould you ever consider trying this?😱e5yCan your students do this? 🌚imyabRoller skating! Powered by Firework In a world currently battling the novel Coronavirus pandemic, the topic if racism is making the recent headlines again. Following the George Floyd incident, there have been numerous protests against racial inequality and police brutality all across United States of America and many other countries. Several sportspersons and athletes have recently opened up against racism, including Anthony Joshua, but the British boxer has a rather informal approach. Advertisement Image Courtesy: ReutersThe two time unified heavyweight champion from Watford recently took part in a ‘Black Lives Matter’ march in his home town, where he was seen providing a heated speech in support of the protesters, which has stirred up some controversies.“Show them where it hurts. Abstain from spending your money in their shops and economies, and invest in black-owned businesses,” the 30 year old was heard saying in the speech, as clips started floating around in social media.Advertisement Following the statement, Joshua has been facing reprimand online, where many have called him a racist for his speech.However, Twitter was the platform heavyweight pugilist to respond, and he responded to the criticisms with: “If you think I’m a racist, go f*** yourself!”Advertisement Joshua clarified about his speech during the protest march, which was from a poem written by his friend. He continued: “If you watch the full video, the speech was passed around for someone to read and I took the lead.”“I personally spoke from the heart about the Watford community, ideas of us personally investing seven figures to create unity and opportunities and adding change to the African/Caribbean community.”“Shops aren’t the issue here.”Before you talk s***, you better boycott racism,” he concluded the post, followed by adding the same clip from the protest.The tweet has generated over 43k likes and 7.6k retweets. Check it out below-A prolific pugilist, Joshua has been title holder of the World Boxing Association (WBA), International Boxing Federation (IBF), World Boxing Organization (WBO) and International Boxing Organization (IBO). He also secured a gold medal at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, where he competed in the super heavyweight category.If you like reading about MMA, make sure you check out MMAIndia.com Also follow India’s biggest arm wrestling tournament at ProPanja.comAlso read-Michael Holding claims Rohit Sharma may not be able to handle real pace100 voices: Cricketers and athletes speak up about Black Lives Matter! Advertisement
Connor Beachamp backstopped a stingy Rebel defence that allowed only 20 shots to register the win in goal.Kody Dishers scored twice, one marker coming in the first period on the power play, while Diego Bartlett and Darren Medeiros added singles to lead the Rebels.Castlegar, scoring three third-period goals to complete the rout, out shot the Rockets 34-20.Game two is Saturday in Castlegar. Game time is 7:30 p.m.In the Okanagan Conference, Osoyoos Coyotes continued their upset ride knocking off top seed North Okanagan 6-2 Friday in Armstrong.Game two is Saturday back in the North Okanagan City. Many experts have said the Murdoch Division is the toughest in the Kootenay International Junior Hockey League to win.The Golden Rockets realized the toughness first hand after the Castlegar Rebels didn’t skip a beat despite ending a seven-game slugfest against Beaver Valley Wednesday and bounced the Eddie Mountain Champs 4-0 in Game one of the Kootenay Conference Final Friday in the Sunflower City.